WINTER WARDROBE STAPLE: ANKLE BOOTS
As we head in to the winter months it's time to pull out your boot collection.
If you're anything like me ankle boots are at the top of your list when it comes to winter shoe fashion.
They are not only are a fashion must-have this season but are extremely practical and make anyone's legs look good.
Being a busy Mum & working woman who is always on the go it is important for me to only look stylish but to also have comfort and practicality in mind. Coming from a Personal training and fitness background I also know how important it is to wear shoes that are supportive and will help protect our bodies functionality literally from head to toe.
Did you know that unsupportive footwear particularly those with a heel can do damage to your pelvic floor or increase the problem if you already have issues? So, it is even more important for new Mums and Mums to be to be wearing the right footwear.
Frankie4 Footwear invited me to try out their Podiatrist & Physiotherapist designed "Gemma" boots and before you stop reading right there I can tell you now these boots are not like your old lady orthopaedic comfort shoes you might buy from the chemist. These boots are designed with entire foot support throughout but with style on the outside.
From the very moment I put them on I felt like I was walking on a cloud, soft and cushioned thanks to their "Functional Footbed". My high arch felt supported and the thick heel gives stability.
I have been wearing these for a couple of weeks to really test out in different situations (work, shopping, travelling, lunch or dinner dates etc.) and on different surfaces (park, footpath, shopping malls etc..) and I can honestly say they have my tick of approval for both comfort and of course style!
The secret to their comfort is their "Custom Fit Pack" which is included with your boots. This ensures a "custom" fit suited to your individual foot shape whether you have a wide, narrow or standard foot shape.
My 5 Tips on how to wear the ankle boot this season?
1. Make the boot stand out by wearing with a floaty, swing dress or skirt with a leather jacket. The boot should stand out so bare those pins.
2. Perfect worn with skinny jeans that are either cuffed or ankle grazer length to ensure you still see the whole boot with no jeans bunching over them.
3. If you want to pull them off for work wear a mid height heel with stockings.
4. The suitable pair for the suitable occasion - Wear a high heeled version for night occasions and a flat style for casual day events or chasing the kiddies around the park.
5. Invest money in a good quality pair. Spending a few extra dollars on a quality pair of boots will not only mean they last a lot longer but also mean that your feet and back will thank you later. Cheap synthetic fabrics will make for sweaty, smelly feet and unsupported feet will lead to foot, ankle, leg, hip and or back pain.